BGI started in 1994 with a blend of passion and expertise from years of tactical aviation in the United States Air Force. We emerged by combining that history with opportunities in the aviation industry. Having spent the previous year in the simulation and training industry, I determined that companies delivering products and services to the end user, the war-fighter, could benefit from highly experienced expertise inserted into those programs at key places and times. BGI was formed in order to build upon that need. Starting from a handful of highly skilled F-16 fighter pilots, BGI has grown and evolved into a diverse multi-service, multi-platform company that delivers operational expertise across many programs and projects that impact the war-fighter. We also developed a strong engineering services component that remains robust to this day. Our core purpose began in the form of providing a place for expertise to engage in early development of a product that was to end up in the hands of the war-fighter. Today our core purpose is to facilitate a path for both our customers and our employees in every endeavor and opportunity to ultimately achieve their full potential. We blend this purpose with five core values that embody not only what we strive to demonstrate in every endeavor, but also comprises the culture of the company. Each BGI employee brings a healthy foundation in each of these values with them before they arrive on campus. We simply promote the environment for these values to blossom in every possible area. These values are:
- Leadership – At BGI everyone and anyone can be a leader. We believe and live concepts of 360 Leadership and continual development both personally and professionally.
- Integrity – BGI must satisfy the moral fiber of right and wrong before proceeding in any direction. We have two decades to build upon to continue.
- Commitment – Loyal to our customers-we stay until its done, loyalty running up, down, left and right within the organization.
- Excellence – Our brand promise is a level of performance by our people or our products that is exactly what is hoped for, and delivered.
- Teamwork – We blend the unique strength of talents between BGI employees and through efforts with industry partners, enhancing and energizing those efforts.
Our company has a a long list of strengths, the most notable being our ability to integrate our operational, technical, and engineering skills and services into virtually any program or product at any time. We help guide our partners, programs, and projects achieve more through keen experienced insight and hard work. This helps our customer in turn achieve their goals to a higher degree. We thus fulfill our core purpose by the implementation of our core values in every endeavor and situation.
BGI’s future is a balanced blend of sustainment and managed growth. Our business model demands that growth steps are always on sound supported foundation. We ensure that we will “be around” to carry on the mission we have today. In addition, our vision calls for growth in both our sustaining competencies, but also in carefully analyzed and achievable areas that buffer our current proven record. Our most important asset is our people and BGI works daily to ensure that we provide a secure, challenging, and rewarding place today that our members can count on being there in years to come. Please consider joining us or inviting us to join you as we all work toward achieving our full potential.